Our Special Event Insurance Policies
At Burton &. Company, we offer two important types of coverage to protect your upcoming special event: event liability and event cancellation. Special event insurance protects your organization’s investment in a specific event. Policies cover a wide range of special event risks that may create revenue potential loss or outright cancellation.
Event Liability Coverage
This insurance can protect you if you are responsible for property damage or an injury that occurs during the event. It can cover the medical expenses for injuries and repairs for damaged property. Many venues require you to obtain an event liability coverage policy before you can hold an event there. It can be helpful if:
- A guest at your party causes a worker at the venue to slip and fall
- A vendor you hired, such as a musician or caterer, damages the venue’s floors or walls
- Someone involved in your event damages equipment that you rented from the venue
Event Cancellation Coverage
If something unexpected forces you to cancel or delay your special event, this type of coverage can reimburse you for lost deposits and other fees. It can be useful if:
- Your caterer or photographer suddenly goes out of business. In this case, event cancellation insurance could cover the cost of your lost deposit as well as any unexpected charges that arise from booking a replacement at the last minute.
- The officiant of your wedding is injured the day before the event and you need to postpone it. In this case, it could cover the fees for rescheduling the venue and the vendors you hired.
Typical Covered Perils
Special event insurance covers individuals and organizations in the event of liability or disaster. In most cases, the following perils are covered under a special event policy:
- Adverse weather such as hurricanes, snowstorms, and tornados
- Acts of terrorism, war and civil unrest
- Failure to vacate the event venue
- Natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and floods
- Non-appearance of key individuals
Special coverage can be added to your special event policy to insure high-ticket items against theft or damage prior to the event. It’s a popular choice for protecting gifts, wedding dresses and other important items.
What Special Events Can Be Covered?
Our special event insurance policies can cover a broad range of single-day private events and single or multiple-day events that are ticketed or open to the public, including:
- Birthday Parties
- Bar And Bat Mitzvahs
- Car Shows
- Trade Shows
- Anniversary Parties
- Sweet 16 Parties
- Baby Showers
- Farmers Markets
- Job Fairs
If your event is not listed among the types of events mentioned above, feel free to reach out to us and see if we can provide coverage for your type of event.
Talk To The Special Event Insurance At Burton & Company
Obtaining special event insurance as soon as you start making deposits or major purchases for your event is essential. There are often restrictions on how close to the day of the event you can obtain this insurance, so reach out to Burton & Company by phone at (888) 652-1325 or request a quote online as soon as you start planning to find out how we can help you take your mind off of what could go wrong and focus on the excitement of planning your big day.